The Commodore Club of Tasmania Forums: Group C mock up - The Commodore Club of Tasmania Forums

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Group C mock up Just found out some good news...YAY

#1 User is offline   TAS-VK Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Forum User
  • My Ride:Twin turbo vk calais

Post icon  Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:23 PM

I want to weld the rear doors shut on my vk when i get it so i can start turning it into the Group C mock up i wanted to just need to know a few things and yes i know the real race never had the rear doors welded shut.

1.What is needed to weld them shut - besides a bloody welder,i.e does the glass need to be taken out? and lexan put in or something like that
The doors are to welded shut so i can get the bodykit to be smooth and not have joins at the rear arch's

2.Do i have to take out the rear seats or can i leave them there so it looks complete, I'm not a big fan of the look in RMBL with the seat's missing - no offence mate :)

3.Will i be able to have the exhuast come out behind the front doors if the rear doors don't open :D i have always wanted this on a car

4.Does any one know of a good place to get the kit made and fitted so i can get some qoutes and see some of there work

This post has been edited by TAS-VK: 14 April 2006 - 04:47 PM

#2 User is offline   xlr8ta Icon

• Events Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • My Ride:Hopes and Dreams

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:18 AM

First question......
Are you planning on registering it?
Good luck getting it registered with the rear doors welded shut, it is complied as a 5 seater and therefor, welding the rear doors shut will mean having a full engineers inspection before the car can be registered.

#3 User is offline   V8RMBL Icon

• Go YELLOW!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • My Ride:vn ss

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:39 AM

View PostTAS-VK, on Apr 3 2006, 11:23 PM, said:

no offence mate :)

none taken :)

but ditto to Gobbey's post... lotta red tape to get though :)

#4 User is offline   VU_SS_UTE Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • My Ride:VU SS UTE

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:24 AM

View PostTAS-VK, on Apr 3 2006, 11:23 PM, said:

3.Will i be able to have the exhuast come out behind the front doors if the rear doors don't open :D i have always wanted this on a car

Apparently theres is a min distance behind door openings that you can have "side-pipes" as a mate looked at it on a ute.

As V8RMBL and others have said you'll have to get it engineered with the doors welded so you could do that at the same time.

#5 User is offline   SSHatch Icon

• Captain Ahab
  • PipPipPipPip
  • My Ride:R32 GTR & Hilux :s

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:40 AM

Its actually more to do with cabin openings!!
Like windows and stuff.

We have had lengthy discussions on this topic in the past.
Maybe do a quick search of the forums and see what you can dig up!!

#6 User is offline   TAS-VK Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:16 PM

View Postxlr8ta, on Apr 4 2006, 07:18 AM, said:

First question......
Are you planning on registering it?
Good luck getting it registered with the rear doors welded shut, it is complied as a 5 seater and therefor, welding the rear doors shut will mean having a full engineers inspection before the car can be registered.

So i would be better of leaving it a 4 door till i get the bodykit and other stuff done then try and get it engineerd as a 2 door at a later stage

#7 User is offline   Pushrod8s Icon

• Dude, where's my wang?
  • PipPipPipPip
  • My Ride:Custom VK

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:30 PM

I think you'd be struggling to get the pipe where you want it. My zorst is ending at the diff and I have to get that engineered before taking it on the road

#8 User is offline   TAS-VK Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:16 PM

How F***ing hard is it to get info on this bloody car i'm going to go mental looking for info on it

#9 User is offline   SL/ENUT Icon

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • My Ride:two classics

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:41 PM

go to the RTA office and ask nicely if you can have a looky at the car mod book.
But the exhaust is no go for sure. Its got to exit out of the rear.

#10 User is offline   SSHatch Icon

• Captain Ahab
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:59 PM

View PostPushrod8s, on Apr 4 2006, 05:30 PM, said:

I think you'd be struggling to get the pipe where you want it. My zorst is ending at the diff and I have to get that engineered before taking it on the road

I dont think that you will actually get it passed if you have dump pipes at the diff.
Exhaust must exit past the extrmities of the vehicle to be legal.

I really should bring the books home with me and post up the official rules to save these arguements all the time.

#11 User is offline   TAS-VK Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:00 PM

I'm getting to that stage but i need more info on the other stuff and pics every time i find a pis it is of the bloody VH mofel not the VK

Does anyone know how wide those flares might be i was thinking atleast 3 to 4 inchs out from the body

#12 User is offline   SL/ENUT Icon

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • My Ride:two classics

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:03 PM

Well your on Brockcommodores right?. Ask on there, someone will know how wide the flare is.

#13 User is offline   TAS-VK Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:05 PM

View PostSSHatch, on Apr 10 2006, 06:59 PM, said:

I really should bring the books home with me and post up the official rules to save these arguements all the time.

Who is having a arguement :blink: i don't see anyone....if pushy can't have his there then i will s**t all luck getting mine done at the rear doors

#14 User is offline   SSHatch Icon

• Captain Ahab
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:33 PM

Sorry to have once again used a terminology without fully explaining the meaning of the exact subject matter and substance that I was talking about!!

Why do everybody have to take evrything I say so goddamn literal to the letter??

And I really think that the width of the flares and the exit point of the zorst are the last thing you need to be thinking about now.
What exactly is the width of the flare got to do with anything.

More to the point would be a combination of wheel size and offset, tyre size, diff width and body flare fitment and width as a whole!!

Your exhaust seems to be very important to you but have you determined which engine will be in the car, what mods, how much HorsePower it will have, will you run the proper Group C muffler and exhaust (which kinda determines where it comes out if its a proper replica/mock up).

There really are a huge number of bigger things to worry about before you need to stress over the width of the flares and where your exhaust will exit!!

#15 User is offline   TAS-VK Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:50 PM

View PostSSHatch, on Apr 10 2006, 07:33 PM, said:

And I really think that the width of the flares and the exit point of the zorst are the last thing you need to be thinking about now.
What exactly is the width of the flare got to do with anything.

More to the point would be a combination of wheel size and offset, tyre size, diff width and body flare fitment and width as a whole!!

Your exhaust seems to be very important to you but have you determined which engine will be in the car, what mods, how much HorsePower it will have, will you run the proper Group C muffler and exhaust (which kinda determines where it comes out if its a proper replica/mock up).

There really are a huge number of bigger things to worry about before you need to stress over the width of the flares and where your exhaust will exit!!

Ok I need to know the flair width so when i go to a body kit maker he can give me a idea how much it will cost to get made...you need all this info to help the process along faster
I am trying to get all this info aswell but it's a little hard when there aint much info on the car it's self

I have decided what motor is going in the car 1t will be a 308 and horse power will be a secret till i'm done with it...i never knew there was a group c exhaust so thanx i'll look in to it

As for the diff/wheel off set and s**t like that i will get around to it

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users